Monday, September 15, 2008

Thank you, Mrs. Roth's Class!

Thursday's lesson in Mrs. Roth's class was my first lesson in first grade this year. The first lesson for any grade level each month is always a bit daunting, because I don't have a solid idea of what time I need to make transitions and how the kids will react to the lesson. I have always tweaked things after that first lesson.

For the first time since I've been here, I haven't made any changes to a lesson after that first delivery. Miss Ashley (our intern from Clemson, who will earn her M.Ed. in December) and I talked about I-messages and did some examples with the class on the SmartBoard. She shared a story (The Recess Queen), and the students drew scenes from the book and shared their drawings and the I-messages they might give to Mean Jean.

The lesson flowed very smoothly, transitions were made with care, the students responded well to everything presented, and they shared some great drawings & I-messages.

No comments: